With examples carefully selected by a large team of native speakers of English and Italian, the Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary clearly illustrates the full range of meanings and typical contexts of both languages. Offering wide-ranging coverage, this outstanding dictionary contains over 80,000 words and phrases, and over 100,000 translations, as well as guidance on key constructions, complementation, and difficult points of grammar. Featuring complete coverage of contemporary idiomatic Italian and English, both written and spoken, The Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary covers the vocabulary that students really need.
The dictionary has been designed to meet the needs of students, tourists and all those who require quick and reliable answers to their translation questions. It provides clear guidance on selecting the most appropriate translation, illustrative examples to help with construction and usage, and precise information on grammar and style.
Focussing on everyday, idiomatic Italian and English, both spoken and written, this easy-to-use dictionary also offers generous treatment of business and computing vocabulary. Its up-to-the-minute coverage and wealth of accurate translations make it an ideal reference tool and study aid.
Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary is utilized by the MSDict Viewer dictionary reader. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform - quick-access layout, convenience of use and reliance.
Its key features include:
- Hyperlinks between different related articles
- Text font remapping (dynamic changing of font sizes)
- Opportunity to add custom notes to any article in the dictionary so you can save your ideas and examples of usage
- Built-in keyboard
- Single-tap search, starting on first letter
- Wildcard filtration feature(the use of "*" replaces arbitrary number of symbols within words)
- Opportunity to add custom notes to any article in the dictionary
- Specially enhanced for hi-resolution devices and hi-resolution landscape view mode
- Button allowing quick erase of the query field
- Dynamic word history list for each session